Sunday, June 12, 2011

We've moved...to Pflugerville.

I should start off this post by saying that I was very hesitant to be moving over 1000 miles away at almost 8 months pregnant.  But from the very beginning Dan has done almost everything to make this move as easy as possible for me. (and Charleigh too). I did what I could-- but with a toddler to care for and entertain there wasn't much time or energy left to do much else. I made some phone calls, packed a few boxes, but Dan did everything else. Not that I had any doubts, but I can now see why he is so successful at his career. He basically looked at our families move to another state (that I had never even visited) as a "project". Being a project manager everything has logical steps and would come together perfectly in his eyes.
So after about a week of staying in Elyria with my parents while our belongings were on their way to Texas, my mom, Charleigh and I flew into Texas on Sunday June 5th. Charleigh's room was all set up and she seemed to barely notice that she hadn't been in Columbus for many days. She's been running around the house and in her new backyard non-stop. She seems to love the new house, the new rooms, and all the new things to look at in her backyard. I was sooooo worried about her reaction and transition to this move. I wanted to make sure she felt comfortable and happy about the changes. I wanted to make sure that she felt settled before we bring home a new sibling for her in a few weeks. Everyone told me not to worry, but I couldn't stop thinking about all the difficulties we might encounter. I'm happy to say however that she was an excellent traveler from the time we left Columbus (through our time in Elyria) and all the way until we landed in Austin.
Now it's Texas, in June...and I'm 34 weeks pregnant....I forgot how hard it was to be this pregnant....and now I'm doing it in Texas heat, with a toddler who has a ton of energy and doesn't seem to notice the almost 100 degree temperatures.  This week has proven very tiring and challenging. Dan has been home with us (which wasn't originally planned) so I'm kind of afraid what the next few weeks will be like as Charleigh and I will be alone during the days while he's at work.
I've already joined some mom groups and have set us up for a couple activities this week in hopes of making some new friends for both Charleigh and I . We live in a great, quiet and mature neighborhood. We have noticed however that many of our neighbors are retired and older and seem to be excited to have a new young growing family in the area.
I'm really happy with our house, which Dan and I were both really worried about because we bought this house after only seeing it online. We had a very helpful realtor but nothing is the same as walking into a house and getting that "this is the one" feeling.  I do have that feeling so far though....and can see us growing into this house over the years.
Having said all that...it's time for bed. I can't seem to get enough rest these days...
It's only 8:50pm....and it's still 99 degrees outside. One of the biggest surprises about Texas so far....while it is VERY HOT, it's not been humid. I think Ohio weather was more miserable in the summer than it's been here. There is a great breeze almost all the time which has made the intense heat just a little more tolerable.
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and encouragement.
Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment