Saturday, April 16, 2011

Selling the house

In Feb 2008 Dan and I closed on our current home. We were lucky enough to have until April to get things ready at the new house before actually moving in. We had time to paint, lay new carpet, install new appliances, and clean. It was nice to move in and feel like we really had time to put everything together. So now as we put the house up for sale I'm wondering if we'll ever have that opportunity again. Not only do we plan to make a move over hundreds of miles but there is even a chance that I won't see this new house in person until the day I move in. That fact feels both exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. During our move into this house we had a 13 week old puppy that made things slightly more complicated. I am very worried about how I'll get a house prepared to live in with an almost 2 yr old and a newborn. I have a feeling we'll be living out of boxes for longer than I want to admit. I HATE THAT THOUGHT!! I'm the type who can't relax once I get home from somewhere until I unpack, sort the laundry, put stuff away and regroup for being home.
We've put a sign in our yard, emailed some realtors, made a facebook page, posted it on craigslist and on several FSBO websites. We've had one showing in this two week period. And we have another realtor coming out Monday night to check the place out. While I realize everything can't happen at the exact same time I'm trying to figure out how we'll move, find a new house, Dan will find a job, and we'll have a baby during all of this?!?!?!
I'd be happy to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience and had this all work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment